Several faculties at Masaryk University have closed agreements with foreign universities at faculty or departmental level, thanks to which MU students can go on two semesters for a study or research placement at a partner university with a very similar focus to Masaryk University.
For study or research placements at partner faculties you can gain a grant from the CIC, however the application and selection of students is fully within the competence of faculty and department coordinators. The specific offer of faculty agreements can be found on the web site of your faculty or department or at the faculty foreign department.
You can find out about the experiences of MU students who have studied at these universities here (only in Czech).
- Faculty Agreements
- Participation Conditions
- Financial Conditions
- Before Departure
- While Abroad
- After Return
Further information on individual faculty agreements can be found at the links below or at the foreign department of the given faculty.
- Faculty of Sports Studies
- Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Studies
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Medicine
- The student must be nominated for the study placement by their faculty/department/authorised workplace.
- The student must study in an accredited full-time or combined MU study programme.
- Generally the programme is accessible for students at bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral level, however some faculties may restrict placements to only certain levels of study.
- The study programme at the foreign school must be compatible with the study programme at Masaryk University, which means that students will have completed courses recognised as part of the study plan.
- The student must bring from abroad 20 ECTS per semester, in the case of a shorter study placement the content is by agreement with the sending faculty/department.
- The given programme requires of MU students that after completing the placement that submit a request for recognition of courses/credits form the foreign placement; further information can be found here.
- For the period of the study placement the student may not interrupt or end their studies at MU.
- The CIC provides grants only for mobility, the financing of which for the given calendar year has been agreed in advance with the faculty.
- The grant is usually 7 to 10 thousand crowns per month. The grant differs depending on the target country and the conditions of the placement. Grants are paid to the nominated students from a Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports subsidy, from a development project for the support of mobility.
- The grant is intended to cover the increased costs of studies abroad, and assumes that the student will supplement the costs from their own funds.
- The placement cannot be financed twice. For one placement you cannot have a second grant from the Ministry of Education Youth and Sports, the European Union (Erasmus+ Europa, Erasmus+ ICM) and similar.
- However should your expenses abroad be exceptionally high, you can request additional funding from other sources, for example from the faculty stipendium fund (which exists only at some faculties). However it is necessary to state that you have been given a grant for mobility support from the CIC and its amount.
- The support is usually paid before the departure, and for short placements it may be paid after the return and submission of the necessary documents.
- Calculating the amount of the grant
- 1 to 7 days: zero financial support
- 8 to 20 days: 1/2 the financial support for a month
- 21 to 30 days: the full financial support for a month
- Should you need confirmation of the amount of the grant for visa purposes, etc., then ask the CIC.
- The student is obliged to complete and sign the form for the Learning Agreement (Which you can find in the section Documents) – aside from ESF – Huddersfield students).
- Procedure for completing the Learning Agreement:
- Consult your choice of courses with the foreign and domestic/department/faculty.
- Choose courses with a minimum of an overall value of 20 ECTS per semester.
- Sign it and have it signed by the authorised person at the home university – the coordinator at the home department/faculty. The second box for the home university is for the programme administrator (CIC coordinator).
- Get the signature of the foreign coordinator before departure or immediately on arrival at the foreign university (one signature is enough).
- Add a scan/copy of the signed form to the CIC and upload it to the documentation of the study placement in the IS.
- Research is at the same time seen as studying. If the student goes through an interfaculty agreement on a research placement, they should fill in the Learning Agreement (which you can find in the Documents section), in which as a course is given “Preparation of diploma/dissertation work”. From the foreign institution it is necessary to bring a confirmation of activities and results from the target institution (or confirmation that the placement took place in accordance with the “Learning Agreement”). On your return your faculty at MU will award your credits.
- Submit an Application for a Grant – the specific link in the IS will be given to you by the CIC coordinator. In the application give the precise anticipated dates of the start and end of studies (not the stay) at the foreign school. If the period of study is longer than the number of months of support promised, give both periods:
- 1) the period of the anticipated placement
- 2) the period for which you are applying for a grant.
- Arrange travel insurance/health insurance for the period of the stay abroad, and we also recommend insurance for the costs of repatriation (e.g. if there is an unexpected operation). Detailed information on the system of covering health care within the EU and the EFTA/EEC states are available on the pages of the Health Insurance Bureau.
- Within 30 days from starting studies at the receiving university it is necessary to upload any changes in the Learning Agreement signed by all three parties to the IS MU. The original is retained by the student, but on their return the study department may call on them to submit the original.
- Before heading home you should arrange the Confirmation of Studies Abroad (you can find the form in the Documents section) and agree on the handing over of the Transcript of Records (the form for which you can find in the Documents section).
Documents which the student should send or bring in person to the CIC after completion of studies at the foreign university (the originals stay with the student who must present them if requested):
- Confirmation of Studies Abroad (which you can find in the Documents section) to be sent within 10 days of completion of the foreign study placement.
- Transcript of Records (which you can find in the Documents section), or a similar form from the receiving university (copy/scan) to be sent within 10 days. If the document is sent by the school by post then within 6 weeks from the completion of studies abroad.
- If when the placement is shorter than one semester the foreign school does not issue an official Transcript of Records, it is necessary to request a confirmation of the content of studies.
- Final report from the study placement abroad (which you can find in the Documents section) to be sent electronically within 6 weeks of completion of studies abroad.
The first two documents are also to be uploaded into evidence off the short-term foreign studies in the IS.
On completion of studies abroad the student must submit a request for recognition of courses/credits from a foreign placement. You can find further information here.
ESF students who studied in Huddersfield should have the entire studies recognised and proceed according to the instructions of the faculty.