Global Staff Mobility
The aim of the Global Staff Mobility programme is to expand staff mobility opportunities outside of the current grant programmes (e.g., Erasmus+). Both academic and non-academic staff of MU can take part in this programme and spend up to 14 days at university in any destination under following conditions:
- Letter of pre-acceptance issued by the host university
- Mobility must be relevant for the work area of the applicant
- Approval by immediate superior
In case the demand for this type of mobility exceeds available finances, mobilities which correspond with strategic interests for internationalization of MU will be prioritised – universities in the same international alliances as MU, partner universities, universities with high QS Ranking and universities which have existing cooperation (joint degrees, internationalization of study programmes) with MU.
- The programme operates based on calendar years and follows valid guidelines stated by MU.
- Academic and non-academic staff working full-time or part-time (excluding staff with DPČ or DPP - a short-term employment contract) are eligible to take part in this programme. Staff members of all nationalities and from every MU unit are eligible.
- You may submit only one application for one university within one call.
- The maximum length of each placement is 14 days including travel, there is no minimum length.
- The placement must be at a foreign university, placements at foreign non-academic institutions are not supported.
- The programme supports mainly teaching placements, training placements, job-shadowing, workshops, cooperation establishment, sharing of experiences and other activities of similar nature.
- Research placements and conferences are not supported within this programme.
- Placements that can be financed through Erasmus+ programme – in this case mainly staff trainings within EU – should be financed through Erasmus+ programme. If possible, organize your mobility there (these mobilities also do not require active agreement between MU and host university).
- In this programme, no separate Grant agreements are signed. By submitting the application, you consent with the terms and conditions of the programme described at this website.
- Applicant is obliged to write expected costs for the placement abroad in the application. The expected costs should include all anticipated expenses and should be submitted in form of a single amount calculated in CZK. We advise all applicants to do as detailed calculation of expenses as possible.
- CZS checks and confirms the placement grant based on expected costs submitted by the applicants. The final approved amount is visible in the application as “CZS approved grant”.
- Financial support may be reduced given the available funding.
- Financial support is provided in a form of reimbursed travel order that have been accounted for, meaning: the expenses are first covered by the economic department at your faculty/department that later reposts the travel order and actual costs (up to the maximum amount of grant) to the economic department at CZS.
- Organizational matters such as travel orders, tickets, boarding passes, and booking of accommodation are the responsibility of the applicant. Receipts and other documentation related to aforementioned matters must be disclosed during the travel order billing.
- Cost-efficient way of transportation must be used to claim the reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Placements planned after 10 December ought to be consulted with contact person at CZS. We cannot authorize, except for rare occasions, these placements due to the annual financial closing.
- The programme follows internal rules of Masaryk University originating from the Czech Labour Code. These rules can be found here: Travel expenses. The amount of allowance and other information can be found here.
- Application may be submitted only electronically.
- Application may be submitted to any foreign university. Placements to non-academic institutions are not supported.
- Applications can be submitted throughout the whole year within the actual call for applications. Generally, you cannot submit applications for placements that had already taken place.
- CZS opens four calls for applications annually with following deadlines to submit the application documents:
- 31 January – for placements beginning on or after 15 March
- 30 April – for placements beginning on or after 1 July
- 31 July – for placements beginning on or after 15 September
- 31 October – for placements beginning after 1 January of the following year
- Exceptionally, you may retroactively submit applications for placements that have taken place in 2021 during the April and July call for applications. This option of retroactive financing won´t be available in the following calls for applications!
Following documents and information are required in the application:
- Basic information about you, your work and workplace, and host university
- Information about the placement
- Planned duration of the mobility – write expected dates including the days of travel.
- Expected program, activities, outcomes, and goals of the mobility – we encourage you to be as specific as possible while disclosing this information will help us to evaluate the benefits of the mobility.
- Sum of the expected costs related to the placement abroad – include travel expenses, accommodation, food expenses and other expected expenses in CZK. It is necessary to use cost-efficient means of transportation.
- Approval of immediate superior – in a form of electronic approval done through the application system.
Letter of pre-acceptance from the host university – it is possible to upload an official letter or an e-mail communication which clearly states that the foreign university approves of your stay.
- Formal requirements of the application
- Content and impact of the placement abroad (evaluated by the immediate superior of the applicant)
- Relevance of the chosen host university regarding its relationship with MU. If necessary, universities are prioritized according to these criteria (order of priority):
- EDUC alliance
- TOP 300 in QS ranking
- Institutional plan 2021-2028 – internationalization of the study programmes
- Universities cooperating with MU on joint degrees
- Partner institutions of MU
- Other institutions
- If necessary, the selection may also consider other criteria (e.g., staff with no prior experience of placements abroad, available finances).
- The applicant must individually consult his/her teaching or training program with the foreign partner.
- Travel orders are used to cover the costs of the placement abroad.
- The applicant is supposed to fill the travel order at their department or at the economic department of the relevant faculty. The applicant is also responsible for the booking of the tickets (airplane, train, etc.) and accommodation. You cannot buy tickets or book accommodation prior to the creation and approval of a travel order by your superior.
- The applicant may pick up an advance payment at the foreign currency cash desk at MU Rectorate after receiving e-mail confirming the maximum grant for the placement.
- Insurance: As a part of the travel order each employee of Masaryk University gets travel insurance. Once you fill in the travel order in INET, it will be possible to print off a card with information. We advise you to arrange trip cancellation insurance (because of health reasons for example).
- Have your host university print and sign Confirmation of Stay at the end of your stay abroad. Subsequently, upload this document to your online application.
- You can download this document in the Document section or generate it in your application with pre-filled information and data.
- The number of confirmed days should correspond with the overall number of approved days for the placement abroad (including travel dates).
- Upload this document within 10 days after the end of your stay abroad.
- Submit all receipts, tickets, boarding passes, and other documents related to your travel or placement expenses abroad at the economic department at your faculty or department.
- Complete your travel order billing within 10 days after the end of your stay abroad.