Visa Information

Students from EU countries  Students from the EU (plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland) are exempt from student visa requirements 
Students from countries outside the EU  Once you have been accepted for studies at Masaryk University, you will have to turn to the local Czech embassy or consulate: the Czech Republic, like most other countries, requires foreign students studying in the country to have a student visa. Possession of a student visa is a condition for studying at Masaryk University. 
Students from EU countries but originally from outside the EU  The same procedure as for students from countries outside the EU. You are obliged to apply for a visa to study in the Czech Republic (even though you have a residence permit in one of the European countries). 


Useful Websites:

Before Arrival

Students with a long-term visa  application requirements HERE
Students with a long-term residence permit  application requirements HERE
Students coming from the EU
(plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland)
no need for a visa

Top  ▲

Academic calendar

Academic calendar

International student guide

International student guide

Academic calendar

Course catalogue

Android app

Get Android or iOS app: Navigation through MU

Office hours

Monday 12–14
Tuesday 9–11
Wednesday 12–15
Thursday 13–15
Friday by appointment

Contact us

Get social with us

Facebook Youtube Twitter Instagram

Created by: Jakub Maca and Jiri Petrzelka