Within the scope of "GREEN UNIVERSITY" we would appreciate if you return your chip card after your studies to the Centre for International Cooperation (or leave it at the reception of residence or throw it to our post box in front of the doors of CIC). The money, you paid for the card, will not be returned to you however you will support the concept of "GREEN UNIVERSITY" and behave ECO-FRIENDLY.
- ISIC Card (for full-degree students)
- Temporary Chip Card (for exchange students)
- ESN Card (Erasmus Student Network Card)
ISIC Card (for full-degree students)
This card is issued only for full-degree students at Masaryk University and can use it even outside the university for getting some discounts. More information on ISIC (International Student Identification Card) are available here.
International exchange students can buy this internationally recognized student card and take advantage of it for various discounts (see www.isic.org), but unlike of the MU degree students, the card does not serve as the university card. Exchange students buy the ISIC card at Student Agency's office. You will need a photo, 300 CZK and a special form you can get from your coordinator.
Temporary Chip Card (for exchange students)
Students coming for exchange stay will be provided only the temporary student chip card. The card costs 170 CZK, the payment is to be done online in the IS Shopping centre (instructions usually sent to students by e-mail). Students of the following programmes (CESP, TESOL TE, ISEP, ISEP-Direct) will be given the chip card for free. A replacement of the card for students of these programmes costs 170 CZK (in case they lost it). Students coming to Masaryk University through other programmes (e.g. CEEPUS, MIBP PECO, freemover etc.) will receive this card at the international department of the particular faculty that has arranged their period of study here.
This card allows you to:
- buy meals in the student canteens (at the Rectorate, Vinařská and Veveří). You have to deposit money on your card first in the canteen that you want to have your meal in (See chapter Catering Services).
- access to the Central Computer Centre in the building of the former Faculty of Medicine at Komenského nám. 2.
- print and make photocopies at faculties. You will have to deposit money on your card first, using devices called "Credit Recharging Station". The amount of money you deposit on your card for the photocopies is a different one you deposited for the canteens. The minimum amount that must be deposited at the beginning is 50 CZK.
- enter the faculty libraries (where the appropriate facilities have been installed)
- borrow the books
In case you lose the card, inform the Centre for International Cooperation (or the international department at your faculty) immediately, so that the card can be blocked and a new one issued (for 170 CZK).
Please remember that you are allowed to use this card only during your period of study at Masaryk University. Make sure before you leave, that there is no or few money deposited on the card. There is however a possibility to get the money back. Please note you cannot enter the university facilities (using your card) accompanied by a person who does not have his/her own card. If so, your card will be blocked.
ESN Card (Erasmus Student Network Card)
Everybody can get this card by becoming a member of ESN (ISC). The membership costs 500 CZK, and with this card, you will have a free access to most of events organised by the ISC (some of them for a reduced fee), various discounts in Brno, and a SIM card with a credit.