Before leaving, please follow those pre-departure steps:
Make sure you have returned all books to libraries.
Masaryk University Hall of Residence
You can check out from MU dormitories only during working days (until 2 pm), on the date of your departure and a max. of 2 days in advance. (You can check-out in advance and stay in the halls of residence until your departure day, meanwhile you bring the checkout confirmation form to your MU coordinator). If you are planning to leave at the weekend, please arrange everything on the previous Friday.
Please follow those steps:
- Tidy and clean your room. Then go to reception and call a cleaning lady to check your room. After checking your room, she will give you a small check-out paper called “Odhlašovací lístek”. This can be done a maximum of 2 days in advance.
- Print out the Check-out Confirmation Form and fill in your name, UČO and parts 2, 3, 4 and 5. Sign it.
- Bring the “Odhlašovací lístek” and Check-out Confirmation Form to the accommodation assistant in the halls of residence.
- After you get it signed by the accommodation assistant, deliver the necessary documents (see in the Necessary Documents file) to your MU coordinator (Komenského square) either personally or ask someone or put it into the post box in front of our entrance door.
- When leaving the dormitory, please do not forget to return your key at reception.
If you want to successfully complete your Erasmus studies at Masaryk University you have to prepare the following documents and bring them to your MU coordinator’s office (Komenského square) before your departure:
- Check-out Confirmation Form (see the Documents section). Please note that without completing it you cannot get the necessary documents singed by the MU coordinator. This confirmation has to be filled in by the student and the accommodation assistant.
- Confirmation of Study is a document for your university confirming the length of your stay here. In this document is written the arrival and departure dates. The date of your departure is considered to be the date of checking-out from the halls of residence or flat (leaving your room) and this date is confirmed by the accommodation assistant/landlord in the check-out confirmation form a maximum of 2 days in advance. We do not take into account the date until you pay for the accommodation.
- Erasmus+ Europe students: The date of your last activity at university is taken into account too and cannot differ from the departure date by more than one week.
Dates will primarily be confirmed in the Transcript of Records. Check with your home university if they need an extra document to confirm your studies at MU, they might be called differently (Certificate of Attendance, Confirmation of Departure or Letter of Confirmation).
- Transcript of Records is an official document that will be used to transfer your grades from Masaryk University to your home university (the list of your grades) and shows the dates of your Erasmus stay. It is issued from IS by the MU coordinator. In case all your grades are still not in IS on the date of your departure, you can get your transcript later. Write an e-mail to your MU coordinator from home as soon as your grades are in and I will send it by e-mail or by post (on request). Find a sample of the Transcript of Records here (in the Documents section).