Emergency & safety
Emergency phone number
European emergency phone number
- 112 – police, fire, medical and rescue service
Czech emergency phone number
- 158 – Police
- 156 – Municipal Police
- 155 – Emergency Medical Service
- 150 – Fire and Rescue Service
- For contacts of doctors, hospitals and pharmacies – see the link Medical Aid.
Masaryk University Emergency phone number
Centre for International Cooperation hot link (questions/assistance out of office hours)
- +420 777 128 339
- +420 777 128 496
Emergency & Safety at halls of residence
The table shows the emergency and safety provisions (see the section Documents) in the Masaryk University halls of residence where international students are mostly accommodated.
Emergency Action Plan (not in operation yet) - EAP
Apart from the general action plan, the Centre for International Cooperation in cooperation with university departments has a special Emergency Action Plan for cases of emergency concerning international students at the university.
One of the EAP part is “The Intercultural Experience of Studying at Masaryk University” (see the section Documents) which may help you to cope with the culture shock or uncover the stereotypes of the Czech culture. Feel free to read few pages and get to know more about Czech people, their habits and way of thinking and behaviour.
- Manager for work-safety and emergency regulations – Ing. Iva Halamková
- Director of the Centre for International Cooperation – dr. Jan Pavlík