Emergency & Safety
Emergency Phone Number
European emergency phone numbers
- 112 – police, fire, medical and rescue service
Czech emergency phone numbers
- 158 – Police
- 156 – Municipal Police
- 155 – Emergency Medical Service
- 150 – Fire and Rescue Service
- For contacts of doctors, hospitals and pharmacies – see the link Medical Aid.
Masaryk University Emergency Phone Number
Centre for International Cooperation hot line (questions/assistance out of office hours)
- +420 777 128 339
- +420 777 128 496
Emergency & Safety at halls of residence
The table shows the emergency and safety provisions (see the Document section) in the Masaryk University halls of residence where international students are mostly accommodated.
Emergency Action Plan (not in operation yet) - EAP
Apart from the general action plan, the Centre for International Cooperation in cooperation with university departments has a special Emergency Action Plan for cases of emergency concerning international students at the university.
One of the EAP’s parts is “The Intercultural Experience of Studying at Masaryk University” (see the Documents section) which may help you to cope with culture shock or uncover the stereotypes of Czech culture. Feel free to read few pages and get to know more about Czech people, their habits and way of thinking and behaviour.
- Manager for work-safety and emergency regulations – Ing. Iva Halamková
- Director of the Centre for International Cooperation – Dr. Jan Pavlík