Courses taught in English can be found on the websites of Masaryk University’s faculties. Masaryk University uses the ECTS system. See the links below and choose courses you would like to attend during your mobility.
ERASMUS STUDENTS, PLEASE NOTE: If you choose courses from a different department than you were nominated to, your LA may or may not be approved by your departmental coordinator, but they cannot guarantee that those courses will be taught.
Faculty of Law: Autumn and Spring semester
Faculty of Medicine: Autumn and Spring semester
- (see also special link to courses for students accepted by the Department of English and American Studies; Studies > Info for foreign students)
Faculty of Education: Autumn and Spring semester
- Please pay no attention to whether or not the course is for “visiting students”, Erasmus students can apply in any of the course listed.
Faculty of Economics and Administration: Autumn and Spring semester
Faculty of Informatics: Autumn and Spring semester
Faculty of Sports Studies: Autumn and Spring semester
Please note that there might be further changes due to teachers' availability, numbers of students registered for the courses, etc. You can make changes to your Learning Agreement after your arrival, within the first two weeks after the semester starts.
Extent and Intensity of Courses
You can see three numbers for course intensity. The first is the number of hours for lectures, the second is for class exercises/seminars and last one stands for other types of teaching method such as labs, etc.
- Example: 2/0/0 (lectures 2, class exercises 0, select another 0)
According to number of credits gained, you can find two numbers. The first number is the amount of credits gained by completion and the second is the number of possible extra credits.
- Example: 1+1 (plus extra credits for completion). This means that the student can gain a specific amount of extra credits if he/she completes the course with a colloquium/examination or any other type of completion.
For detailed information please contact the teacher of a particular course or your departmental coordinator.
Apart from faculties, other university centres also offer courses taught in English:
The Language Centre of Masaryk University is a university-wide institute providing education in foreign languages. For students of all forms of study (i.e. Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral study programmes in full-time and combined form) five foreign languages can be learned on the academic or technical level – English, German, French, Spanish and Russian. For more information see the webpage of Language Centre of Masaryk University.
University Sport Centre
- p901 Physical Education – Cognitive Hiking
- p902 Physical Education – Fitnessyoga
- p903 Physical Education – Volleyball Intermediate
- p904 Physical Education – Climbing
- p912 Physical Education – Pilates
- p913 Physical Educacion – Wellness Fit Programme
- p9903 Physical Education – Spiral stabilization
- p9904 Physical Education – Rollpilates
The Central European Studies Programme (CESP) at Masaryk University is an interdisciplinary programme for students at the upper Bachelor's degree and Master's degree levels. Courses are taught in English and include studies of the social, economic, political and cultural transformations that have shaped Central Europe and the Czech Republic at the end of the 20th century, and the changes facing Europe at the beginning of the 21st century.
You can find the courses currently offered here.