Although the United Kingdom has left the Erasmus+ programme, Masaryk University will continue to work with British universities, either under the Turing programme (incoming students at MU) or under bilateral agreements. In the same way, MU has long-term and successful cooperation with various universities, such as universities in the USA, Brazil, Japan, Israel, Russia, and Australia. Northern Ireland remains part of the Erasmus+ programme even after Brexit.
INFORMATION FOR OUTGOING STUDENTS (FROM MU):
- Students who are currently on Erasmus+ stay in the UK: studies and scholarship remain unchanged, study placement can be completed without problems
- Students who are planning to study in the UK (are nominated by CZS MU): all trips already approved can take place in the originally planned mode. Your studies and scholarship will not be affected by the changes. For placements longer than 6 months, it is now necessary to obtain a study visa, the issue should not take longer than three weeks.
- Students planning to go to the UK for an internship: all students who are planning to begin their internships in 2021 must apply for a visa, regardless of the length of the internship. Detailed information about the process and all necessary documents can be found here. Please, keep in mind that it can take several weeks to process your application.
- Students who want to study in the UK in academic year 2021/22 (submission of applications in 2021): Masaryk University has currently approved grant agreements for trips to the UK through the Erasmus+ programme for the next academic year 2021/2022 so students can still apply for study placements and internships in the UK via Erasmus+ Europe. The application is created in IS OIS within the Erasmus+ SMS programme (study stays). The selection procedure for the Erasmus+ Europe programme (study placement) is organized by MU departments / faculties, for more information contact the departmental coordinator at your department / faculty. The selection procedure for Erasmus+ internships takes place at CZS.
- Placements in the UK in academic year 2022/23 and further: CZS MU perceives the great interest of students in study placements in the UK and continues to plan to support them financially. CZS is currently discussing the exchange programme from which students’ placements will be funded - probably it will be possible to travel to the UK via the programme of Partner universities outside the EU or via the Erasmus+ Europe programme which will enable cooperation with the so-called Erasmus+ partner countries (non-EU countries) in the new programme cycle for years 2021-2027.
For more information about placements from academic year 2022/23, please follow, in the coming months, CZS website and the website of Dům zahraniční spolupráce MŠMT which is also the national agency for the Erasmus+ programme.