Call for expression of interest & participation
Developing European virtual mobility teaching through the EDUC Alliance
Dear fellow teachers and researchers,
Looking for new ways to interest your students and expand internationally? Eager to develop European virtual training packages? Stimulated by international collaboration? Want to extend your reach to European students interested in your field?
Recent events have shown how virtual exchanges and training can break through frontiers and help students learn differently, forging connections despite distances.
Many of you have already expressed your interest in the new mobility and educational opportunities brought about by our EDUC European University and its Erasmus+ support. EDUC offers a diversity of international mobility schemes; be creative! Your courses can gain notoriety through virtual mobility, online courses, virtual classes, videos and other forms – all for the benefit of your students through our European University.
New opportunities for you and your students:
EDUC Alliance will assist you in developing virtual teaching and learning approaches, to make students more autonomous, curious, sharing their learning, providing greater opportunities in accessing lessons and resources. Virtual mobility can be an asset for teachers in this fast-changing world, broadening their reach in Europe, creating new forms of collaboration. EDUC is here to facilitate and help nurture these new opportunities.
EDUC Alliance is keen to discover your educational didactic project. By taking a few minutes to complete the questionnaire, we can seek the best ways to support you. Only one application per project is required.
Deadline: 16 Feb 2021
REPLY TO THE QUESTIONNAIRE ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
We support your didactic projects aiming at:
- Adapting or developing online content for use within the EDUC Alliance (videos for blended learning, recorded classes, translations or subtitling, ...),
- Offering a European experience to your students, through virtual mobility (MOOCs, online student collaborations, …),
- Creating new interest in your field for European students, reaching a wider audience (virtual classes, synchronous and asynchronous online teaching),
- Collaborating with other teachers, developing and improving pedagogical practices through the EDUC Alliance.
- Through your didactic project, you will have the opportunity to join a Teachers’ Community of Practice to share and contribute to the development of EDUC instruments and the European education framework.
EDUC will support you with:
- Pedagogical engineering staff,
- Technical support (video production, Moodle, conferencing and pedagogical tools, translation),
- Access to resources and rooms for online learning,
- Teachers’ incentives.
The Sky is your limit!
What we are looking for:
The eligibility criteria are based on the following:
- The didactic project includes at least one form of virtual and international mobility, as mentioned here, intended for EDUC students.
- Programs, courses or educational resources are available to students from at least two EDUC Alliance universities.
- The didactic project fully integrates a multilingual aspect (at least English, possibly partner languages).
- The project involves collaboration with at least one other teacher identified in one of the universities of the EDUC Alliance.
- The project involves collaboration with a maximum of 3 teachers in the leading university, with 1 identified teacher in contributing universities and 1 additional “contact person” in contributing universities.
- The project involves activities putting the emphasis on the student to student collaboration.
- We can also support you if you already run a similar/overlapping project within another local or European strategic initiative.
For organizational reasons, depending on the number of didactic projects received, a selection may be made from didactic projects that meet these criteria. The following will be considered: the number of forms of virtual mobility offered, the number of EDUC universities involved, the number of EDUC students involved.
- February 16th: Deadline for proposal submission (questionnaire)
- February 17th to Feb 27th: Proposals are pre-selected by EDUC who will reply to all applicants, help you look for partners in the Alliance, and give feedback
- March 2nd: Pre-selection announcement
- March 2nd to end March: Feasibility assessment, proposals are refined collaboratively with EDUC pedagogical engineers, yourself and your partners
- End March: Deadline for full application
- Mid-April: Final selection
- May: Start of selected projects, for deployment in 2021-2022
EDUC selection committees are responsible for the validation or rejection of projects, with no appeal. Due to our support capacities, only a limited number of projects will be retained.
More information will be available locally through respective FAQs.
The EDUC team