The Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies CEEPUS is focused on regional cooperation between universities. Through this programme it is possible to go on short-term or long-term study placements or summer schools to Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Kosovo.
The grant is paid by the host country. The Centre for International Cooperation administers only the grant for travel, and not the applications themselves.
With any potential questions please approach the respective Faculty International Relations Office, or possibly the contact person given on the official website of the CEEPUS programme. We also recommend visiting the website The Centre for International Cooperation in Education.
- Citizenship of CEEPUS member country.
- It is not possible to request a grant to the country that you are a citizen of.
- The programme is intended for full-time bachelor’s studies students (from second semester), master’s and doctoral studies.
- The grant cannot be provided for research with the exception of diploma or doctoral theses, but it cannot be given even for the purposes of practical exercises.
- The given programme requires of MU students that after completion of their placement they submit an application for the recognition of subjects/credits from the foreign placement. Further information can be found here.
- The student will gain a grant, the amount of which is dependent on the target country – further information about the grant can be found at ceepus.info.
- Through the Centre for International Cooperation outgoing students can apply for reimbursement of travel expenses using the form Application for a Grant for Mobility Support (can be found in the section Documents). With the application it is necessary to submit:
- original tickets, flight tickets if applicable, and payment receipts
- photocopies of letters confirming acceptance on a placement at a school or institution abroad
- Payment is requested in the same calendar year when the travel took place, no later than 1 December in the given year.
Through the CEEPUS programme you can travel:
- 1. within the CEEPUS faculty networks
- at the Masaryk University there are more than ten CEEPUS networks
- each faculty linked to the network has its contact person who is responsible for:
- student mobility within the network and the given Czech university and informs the Czech national office of them (coordinator)
- student mobility within the given university in the Czech Republic and informing the coordinator for the whole network and the Czech national office of them (partner)
- information on individual CEEPUS networks at the Masaryk University can be found through the Faculty International Offices.
- 2. as a CEEPUS freemover
- more detailed information on CEEPUS mobility as a Freemover can be found on the pages of The Centre for International Cooperation in Education (only in Czech).