Non-academic staff at Masaryk University can get a grant for a one-week traineeship to the countries of North and South America through the Stella programme. Every year Masaryk University nominates one candidate and one substitute to this programme of the Compostela Group of Universities (CGU). Each year about 10 non-academic staff from all of the CGU get the chance to go on a one-week traineeship to the Americas.
The Stella programme also functions in the opposite direction – non-academic staff can come on a one-week traineeship to Europe. Various Masaryk University workplaces can thus offer staff from foreign universities traineeship at MU as part of the Erasmus+ MUST Week (Masaryk University Staff Training Week).
- Participation Conditions
- Financial Conditions
- Before Departure
- On Completion of the Placement
- MU staff with an employment contract can participate in the Stella programme.
- The content of the training abroad must be in accordance with the job description of the MU employee.
- The staff member must gain the permission of their line manager for the placement.
- The length of the placement is a minimum of 5 working days.
- Placements through the Stella programme are divided into two categories:
- “American” mobility: offers of mobility to the countries of North and South America. A list of these together with mobility to Europe can be found here.
- “European” mobility: European mobility cannot be financially supported from the Stella programme and must be financed from other sources, for example through the programme Erasmus+ for administrative staff. If you are interested in a traineeship at a European university (you can find a list of these here), do not submit an application to the Stella programme but contact the European university’s coordinator and agree the traineeship directly.
- MU staff going on traineeship to the Americas will get a financial grant from the CGU in total of about 1000 euro, which should cover part of the costs. The remainder of the costs should be covered by the home workplace of the MU employee.
- Due to limited funds it is possible within the Stella programme to apply only for a traineeship to the Americas, and not to Europe – for this purpose you should use the programme Erasmus+ for university administrative staff.
- The selection process for the Stella programme will first take place at the level of Masaryk University, which then will nominate for the foreign traineeship one candidate and one substitute. The nominations for the traineeship will then be assessed by the steering committee for the Stella programme, which from all the nominated candidates will select about 20 staff from the entire CGU (for placements going to the Americas and vice versa), whose traineeships will be supported with grants from the Stella programme.
- A list of universities to which it is possible to go on traineeship can be found here.
- The selection process at CIC MU:
- Each applicant must complete an application on paper (you can find this in the Documents section).
- The MU staff member in the application selects three different offers for traineeships, offered by participating American universities. The selected traineeships must be linked to the job description at MU.
- To the application attach a motivation letter in English (free text, max. 1 A4 page) and a CV in English (Europass format, other formats not accepted).
- Deliver the application together with the motivation letter and CV by the deadline to the CIC coordinator in person or through internal post.
- You should also inform your line manager of the decision to go on a Stella traineeship, as they must agree with the departure and its financing.
- Mobility in the Stella programme must take place in the year in which the application was submitted – you can find further information in the specification of the traineeships on the CGU website.
- Before the placement the MU staff member must enter a travel order in INET on the basis of the consent of the CIC.
- The visa, air tickets and accommodation are to be arranged by the staff member themselves or in cooperation with the host institution.
On Completion of the Placement
- Within 15 days of your return you must complete an online Candidate Report Form, which will be sent to you by the CIC coordinator.
- You should complete the Candidate Report Form, print it out and send it together other confirmations and documents (mission report, receipt for air ticket, etc.) to CIC, which will then sort out the payment of the travel costs with the CGU and the MU faculty.