Programme of Relations with Traditional Universities
Masaryk has closed special agreements with selected partner universities in Central Europe, thanks to which MU staff can go on five-day placements. The aim of this programme is to support placements that lead to the making of new contacts and broadening cooperation with new partners at partner universities.
As part of this programme staff can go to partner universities in these countries: Germany (Greifswald and Regensburg), Hungary (Pécs), Poland (Poznan and Wroclaw) and Slovakia (Bratislava).
- Through special clauses in the relevant bilateral agreements MU staff can go on several- day placements at selected universities in Central Europe.
- The programme works on the basis of reciprocity – the receiving university normally provides food and accommodation and the home faculty covers travel expenses. For the nominated foreign academics CZS MU organises accommodation (usually in Garni on Vinařská street) and pays for food in cash.
- The advantage of this type of placement is that it is not necessary for the receiving university to provide teaching and that it is thus possible to use the trip as a visit to arrange initial contacts.
- The following universities are involved in the programme (the agreed quota is given in brackets):
- Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia (quota 65 days)
- University of Greifswald, Germany (quota 30 days)
- Regensburg University, Germany (quota 40 days)
- Pécs University, Hungary (quota 25 days)
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland (quota 30 days)
- Wroclaw University, Poland (quota 75 days)
- Each faculty obtains a quota (in person-days) overall for all the universities, for which teachers are nominated.
- The length of the exchange placement should be a maximum of 5 days including travel. Quotas for individual faculties are increased to create a certain “reserve” for redistributing and supplementing vacancies – this finalising is carried out by the CZS.
- The contact person at the foreign department of the faculty sends once a year to the Centre for International Cooperation nominations along with the working plans of the teachers.
- On the basis of the exchange agreement most receiving universities provide an allowance for the number of days for which the employee is nominated.
- The only exception is Pécs, with which MU does not have an agreement on the mutual payment of allowances, thus MU pays the allowance for the employee going on placement. The employee going on placement enters the request for an allowance into the travel order and picks it up an advance at RMU as with other business trips. After accounting for the journey the allowance is refunded by the CZS MU.
- Reserved and paid for by the receiving university.
- The demand for accommodation with dates of arrival and departure are sent by the outgoing employee to the contact person at CZS MU, which forwards it to the foreign department of the partner universities.
- Ask for accommodation for the period for which you were nominated. If you require accommodation for a longer period it is possible that the receiving university will not pay for the excess.
- An exception is Regensburg – here the person going on placement must arrange the accommodation themselves. Regensburg University provides a contribution to the allowance and for accommodation (to be picked up at the cash-desk of the administrative building of the university in Regensburg in the first days of the placement).
- Paid by the home workplace. Further information in the section Before Departure.
- Complete the form “Working Plan” (which you can find in the Documents section):
- in Czech for UK Bratislava
- for other universities in English or possibly in some cases in German
- Consult your plan with your manager since within the programme some costs are not covered. The sending workplace has to pay the travel expenses and in some cases part of the food allowance. Submit the application to the foreign department of your home faculty.
- In the application it is necessary to give the name and workplace of the academic/person who you plan to visit at the foreign university. The visit should be preliminarily agreed before application to the programme
- Agree with your counterpart at the foreign school the dates of your visit.
- Give the CZS coordinator the precise dates of your placement. For timely arranging of accommodation and payment of allowances at the partner university we recommend that this happens a minimum of 3 weeks before departure.
- In INET complete the travel order, finding the order number at your faculty. In the case that you are going to Pécs also request an advance for the food allowance and pick it up at the RMU cash-desk.
- After their return the MU employee accounts for the travel order and hands it over to the faculty economic department/economic unit.
- The employee completes the Final Report (which you can find in the Documents section) and send it to the CZS in electronic form. The electronic version is sufficient without signature (it does not need to be printed and scanned).